A 'thread face lift' is a non-surgical procedure that provides a gentle lift for patients who want to treat facial sagging. The temporary sutures produce a subtle but visible "lift" in the skin. The presence of the thread also helps to stimulate collagen production, which provides various levels of lift as well. This can pull the skin back slightly and tighten the face.
A thread lift is considered a 'lunchtime' procedure, which is relatively quick. However, some swelling and bruising may occur, so it might be best to not make any big plans on the day of your procedure.
The effect of a thread lift should last anywhere from 6 to 12 months, depending on the thread used.
The benefits of a facial thread lift
- Instant skin lifting
- Promotes collagen production
- Renews skin at the cellular level.
- Give you enhanced skin texture, fewer fine lines and wrinkles and more elastic skin.
- No scars or visible cuts
- It can be performed from the age of 30 or earlier for anti-ageing benefits
- Increased circulation in surrounding areas
- More affordable than a surgical facelift
If you have more questions regarding our thread lift procedure, schedule a consultation with Dr Charlita le Roux today.