Missing a tooth or two affects more than just your confidence - it can also lead to more serious dental complications. For example, missing teeth puts you at a greater risk of infection, cavities and decay, and more teeth being lost in the future.
Dr Chalita le Roux offers quality dental implants to restore the functionality and aesthetics of your smile.
What are dental implants?
Dental implants provide a long-term solution for the replacement of missing teeth. Implants can replace single or multiple missing teeth with either crowns or bridges and are a permanent alternative to removable dentures.
They are essentially titanium posts presenting as tooth roots that help stabilise a false tooth or teeth so that you regain the proper functionality of your smile. Due to the permanent nature of dental implants, they are the most durable and quality replacement for a natural tooth you can get.
What is the procedure for dental implants?
Dr le Roux will first assess if you are a candidate for dental implants by performing a physical examination of the remaining teeth and gums and taking X-rays. It's essential to have a healthy jawbone structure for the implant to fuse, and your remaining natural teeth also need to be in good shape. If you require a tooth extraction or bone graft, this will need to be done and healed before receiving a dental implant.
Dental implants are inserted into your jawbone underneath your gums during a minor surgical procedure, whereby Dr Chalita le Roux uses local anaesthesia. When the implant fuses to the jawbone, it acts as a false tooth root providing stability for a crown, bridge or partial denture.
Once the implant has properly fused and healed, Dr le Roux will fabricate a ceramic crown that looks and feels exactly like a natural tooth. The entire process can take up to a year, depending on your oral health, and your smile will be good as new.
Before and After Dental Bridge
The benefits of dental implants
- Your self-esteem will improve - filled gaps mean a full smile, and you'll be beaming with confidence.
- Improved speech - implants provide an almost natural smile, allowing you to speak without slurring.
- Comfortability - dental implants feel just like your natural teeth.
- Durability - Our implants can last many years with proper care and strict hygiene.
- Convenience - dental implants are fixed restorations that need not be removed.
- Easier chewing - You can eat your favourite foods without pain.
- Better oral health - dental implants prevent bone loss and periodontal disease.
How do I know if I am a candidate for dental implants?
Dr Chalita le Roux will be able to assess your candidacy for dental implants during an initial consultation and physical examination. Still, a few essential factors need to be in place for you to receive a dental implant.
You must have:
- A missing tooth or teeth, or a damaged tooth or teeth ready for extraction
- A healthy bone structure
- Remaining teeth that are in good shape
- Healthy gums
Without these factors, the implant won't fuse properly, leading to more dental issues.
How much do dental implants cost?
Dental implants are more expensive than other restoration procedures due to their longevity and durable materials. The price for dental implant treatment can also vary based on whether you require extraction, bone grafts or multiple implants.
Dr Chalita le Roux will provide a comprehensive treatment plan and quote following your initial consultation.